Since we all had to adjust our travel plans for this summer, it’s a good idea to focus on the local places we can visit and explore. If you live in a big and versatile city like Chicago, now is your chance to see everything you never had the time for. Here are our top 10 picks of free things to do in Chicago.
- Watch the sunrise from Promontory Point and enjoy the swimming area later in the morning.
- Photography fan? Head to the Museum of Contemporary Photography, the flagship museum of Colombia College Chicago.
- If you’re craving green space and nature, visit the Garfield Park Conservatory and enjoy its public gardens.
- There’s an interesting part of the University of Chicago called the Smart Museum of Art and it offers contemporary art that’s progressive and eclectic.
- Wanna see a million dollars in cash? You can do that at the Federal Reserve Bank Money Museum! Visit it on a weekday at 1 pm for a free guided tour.
- In the first week of September, you can attend the Chicago Jazz Festival in Millenium Park.